Thursday 3 May 2007

My Dad...

I spoke to my Dad today for the first time in about two weeks. We don't really talk very often, but we try to call each other at least once a week. I told him about my experiment and how it went. He didn't seem to understand how it was that much of an effort not using my mobile phone. But then again he can go days without his phone, and he doesnt really understand MSN messenger, so they aren't things he'd use. He also doesn't see me often enough to know what an effect these things have on my life.

My mum sees me quite alot and knows how if I'm not on MSN I'll probably be on the phone, and how I like to check my email every day even though I know there'll probsbly be nothing important in my inbox. Still, my mum's less computer literate than my Dad but she seemed to understand it more. He seemed to understand it a bit more once I'd fully explained what my aim had been.

I still haven't really got back into my regular routine of using msn, or constantly calling people yet. I don't know how long it'll take or if it will happen at all. But at the moment, I just don't seem to have time for it. Before I used to make time.

Shel x

No comments: