Wednesday 25 April 2007

Trapped...

I haven't touched my phone all day and I'm so proud of myself! How good am I?

I am however still feeling anxious. It's weird how you want to do something more when you can't do it. I think I'm going through withdrawal, this morning I felt crap, and all day I've been really stressed. I want to talk to my Mum so much, and have a good old moan to her about crappy assessment deadlines and the likes. But I'll just have to wait until I see her tomorrow.

Although I do not miss my phone as much as I did yesterday I'm starting to miss MSN. I use it everyday as a source to talk to my friends back home, and who live up north in Middlesbrough. I miss them alot.

Due to my lack of distractions, I finished my essay today, and I'm really happy and relieved. Usually when I finish work I'd chat my friends, or browse myspace. I'm a bit bored to be honest. Might practise some shorthand!

I decided to have a look round online for effects of instant messeging on teenagers, and other than the usual online safety etc, there was nothing. I was expecting to find hundreds of websites about teenagers becoming withdrawn, and spending all their time trapped in their room chatting to their friends on MSN (Which is pretty much all I did at the ages of 15 and 16). But I did find some interesting research results, about what teenagers most popularly use the internet for, and even more interesting is that the majority of instant messenger user are girls, as boys are too busy on their games. Typical.

Shel x

1 day 18 hours 9 minutes without technoligical communication.

No comments: